Saturday, June 11, 2016

"The Jungle Book" | MOVIE REVIEW



Hey, I have another review for you and it is for…



So, The Jungle Book is the 2016 live-action version of the Disney classic from a number of years back and is directed by Jon Favreau and has a cast that is absolutely studded with stars. And, unlike many of the other live-action versions of Disney classics, this one was actually pretty good. It was actually really great.


I just wanna say that this movie has some of the best-looking CGI I’ve ever seen since Avatar. The quality of the CGI animation in this movie is right on par with the new Apes movies. It’s really good. Everything from the environments to the animals looks so real that you end up having to convince yourself it’s CGI, and not the other way around.

And this movie has the acting talent to couple with the quality of its CGI. Everyone does a great job in their roles, especially Idris Elba as Shere Khan and Christopher Walken as King Louie – these two killed it in this movie. I’m not gonna lie, this movie had some legitimately terrifying villains - that’s saying something. And, for a family movie, this movie is actually pretty scary. King Louie in this movie reminded me of Jabba the Hutt and the cave troll from Fellowship of the Ring. He was massive.

I wanna touch a bit more on Shere Khan for a while here, because he was awesome. He reminded me of Smaug and Bane (the one from The Dark Knight Rises, and not the s****y Joel Schumacher one) in all the best ways. He was big, he was strong, he was intelligent, and he meant business. He was one of the best villains I’ve seen this year.

And props to Neel Sethi. The kid had virtually no one to act with on set, and he still gave a pretty kick-ass performance. Usually when you have someone – let alone a child actor – acting in a room with a bunch of bluescreen or greenscreen props, the performance would usually end up lackluster. But not for this kid. He was good, and he has a seriously bright future ahead of him.

And I wanna commend Jon Favreau for his approach to this movie because, let’s face it, directing a remake is always an uphill battle. This movie was really well-polished and well-directed that I can’t find anything genuinely wrong with it. So, yeah, props to him.

In fact, this movie was so well-polished that I thought it was deserving of a Darth Vader thumbs-up (which will officially be replacing the Morgan Freeman thumbs-up from here on out; sorry).



I think this movie will go on to be a classic, and I will definitely be showing this movie to my kids.

So, those are my thoughts on The Jungle Book. Have you seen it? Let me know what you think about it. And, as always, this has been Rafa – and stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment