Monday, March 16, 2015

My Top 5 Songs of the Week (03/08 - 03/15) | MUSIC

The past week was a pretty hectic one, with me having to prepare for finals and all that jazz, but I’ve managed to save some time for music here and there. The past week also saw me in the mood for a lot of Dad’s music.
Bear in mind that you won’t be seeing too many more “recent” songs on this list, as I took a little trip back in time and got lost in some old-but-gold(en) eras.

5) “Plush” by Stone Temple Pilots
Oddly enough, this song was a huge part of my childhood (thanks, Dad), and still remains one of my favorite songs to date. It just brings back so many good memories, and a lot of those great memories came rushing back the instant this song came on during my two-hour 90’s rock soundtrip. Great stuff.
4) “(The) Juggernauts” by zebrahead
One of my favorite band’s tamer tracks, “Juggernauts” is perhaps one of zebrahead’s more underrated singles. You don’t hear it played live too often, but when they do play it live, it’s always great. Uplifting lyrics and really great instrumental work (kudos to Greg) make this the most well-rounded zebrahead song, in my book.
3) “Days Go By” by The Offspring
The song’s been around for almost two years now, but I still can’t quite get my head around how full of soul it is. There’s just something about it that just makes me wanna get in a car with my friends and go for a long drive down the SLEX (a highway, for all you non-Filipino readers). The music video that goes with it (above) is also perhaps my favorite music video. Ever.
2) “Jump” by Van Halen
For some reason, my classmates burst into laughter whenever I play this song, but, honestly, I don’t care. I love it.
1) “Ink and Paper” by Modern English
Sure, “I Melt with You” might be their biggest hit and one of the greatest songs of the 80’s, but there’s no denying that this gem is better. Like, a lot better. Incidentally, this song was also one of the many songs I grew up around (again, thanks, Dad).

No comments:

Post a Comment