Sunday, March 22, 2015

My Top 5 Songs of the Week (03/16 - 03/22)

Okay, so...

I'm officially out of school and that means I'll have more time to write stuff to post and NO MORE JOURNALISM CLASS.

Just kidding, of course. I'm so bummed it's over.





Surprisingly, finals week has left me a lot of time to listen to music while I studied.

So, without further ado, these are the top 5 songs I've been listening to these past seven days.

5) "Right Now" by Van Halen



Super catchy? Check. Great message and lyrics? Check. Awesome instrumental work? Check. Powerful guitar solo? Check, check, and check. The only reason this is so low on my list is because I haven't gotten around to putting it on my phone until five minutes before I started writing this. Oh well...

4) "Ding Dong Song" by Gunther



Sorry in advance.

3) "Hello Tomorrow" by zebrahead



It might not be one of ZH's more technically complicated ones or something everybody can generally rock out to, but it's still pretty awesome in its own way. The lyrics are great, and Greg Bergdorf himself (a.k.a. zebrahead's former lead guitarist and the writer behind this song) gave me some insight as to what the song was all about. Needless to say, I love it. But I still have no idea why the music video is blocked from my country... 

2) "Together in Electric Dreams" by Philip Oakley and Giorgio Moroder



Over time, I've come to realize why British new wave is held in such high regard. There's just something about the vibes the music gives off, and this song is perhaps one of the greatest examples of that. It's just so catchy and it makes me feel happy inside.

1) "Scratch" by Allister



It's funny how this song used to depress me so much to the point where I couldn't even listen to it properly without having a flashback at least once. It's been on my playlist so much this week because, well, I've started associating it with something - or someone (hint hint) - else. And it's also a pretty awesome song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment